Terra Nova Equipment has a long, respected heritage of tent-making; having produced some of the world’s best outdoor gear since 1980. The Terra Nova ‘Best in Class’ design ethos drives an ambition to use and develop some of the best components and materials available. Tried and tested in our labs and in the most extreme environments across the planet, Terra Nova’s award-winning products are considered the brand of choice for most outdoor professionals across the globe.
The Terra Nova heritage is in mountain tents including the iconic Quasar. However, the last 15 years have seen the brand establish itself as the leader in the design and development of extremely lightweight gear, including the lightest tents in the world.
Since 1993, Terra Nova, Wild Country and Extremities have been part of the Terra Nova Equipment brand, creating some of the best outdoor equipment available on the market but the Terra Nova journey started way before this.
The Terra Nova Equipment Journey
- 1980 – Geodesic tents and GORE-TEX bivi bags made by Wintergear
- 1982 – First thermal gloves produced
- 1983 – The famous Quasar tent was introduced
- 1986 – Wintergear was bought by Wild Country
- 1993 – Terra Nova Equipment was formed following the de-merger of Wild Country Ltd. and acquired Extremities
- 1994 – Introduction of Watershed, the first PU/silicone flysheet fabric in the industry
- 1999 – Terra Nova Equipment launched the Wild Country range of tents
- 2000 – Terra Nova Equipment was acquired by Hubaco Ltd
- 2004 – World’s first sub 1kg tent, the LaserLite was launched. It was the year Terra Nova was awarded the first Guinness World Record for the lightest tent in the world. Silver European IF award.
- 2005 – Introduction of FLO2 air-permeable GORE-TEX membrane in bivi bags
- 2007 – 2010 – 3 further Guinness World Records acquired
- 2009 – Terra Nova launched a range of rucksacks
- 2012 – First to use bonded seams in commercially produced tents, with the launch of the Terra Nova Voyager Ultra 2
- 2016 – Launch of the Southern Cross tents – a completely free-standing, 4-season design winning an Outdoor Industry Award
- 2017 – The Field Candy brand was acquired
- 2017 – Starlite tents with a short packed length were launched
- 2018 – Cycling packs introduced
- 2019 – Laser Compact 2 won an Outdoor Industry Award
- 2020 – Wild Country Zonda inflatable tents launched
- 2020 – Compact tents launched in the Wild Country range
- 2022 – Terra Nova Equipment becomes Employee Owned
- 2023 – The Quasar celebrates its 40 Year Anniversary with a Limited-Edition Quasar tent